So, I’ve managed a year of my planned (at least for two years) retirement from Ironman racing. I suspect right now it’ll be longer than two years but that’s not a problem. I’ll come back and race long when I want to. I just don’t think I want to right now.
Here’s a quick summary from last year:
- Swim: about 4.3km! Less than two hours of swimming in the entire year!
- Bike: 946 miles
- Run: 749 miles
I had originally planned (a year ago) to run over 1000 miles in 2015 but that didn’t quite happen. I did increase my milage up from 2015 (444 miles) and only just got ahead of 2014 (742 miles) so I’m making progress. I’ll have another go of trying to get over 1000 miles in 2017.
So, my plans for this year…
- More windsurfing – I did get plenty of sailing done this year, so more of the same would be lovely.
- A little more swimming – a couple of times a month would be a good start.
- Biking – the last few months I’ve got back into cycling a bit and enjoyed a few rides with friends. I hope to keep up the mileage in 2017.
- Running – get over 1000 miles for the year. I’m planning on running the Brighton Marathon in early April so if I manage to get some consistent training in then this should give me a kick start.
- Races – Brighton Marathon, Bognor 10k, a local triathlon (or two), and anything else that sounds like fun.